Esther Study Guide – Esther 2:8-12
• “The King’s commandment and His decree” is literally, “the King’s word and His law” (Esther 2:8)
The King’s Word and His Law were heard; were heard by whom?
Who do the maidens represent?
Many maidens were gathered together by whom?
To the “hand” of Hegai
In whose hand are we?
Esther was “taken” also.
How was she “taken”? (Read Acts 9:1-19)
What does the King’s house represent?
Who is the keeper of the women?
• Literally verse 9 reads as follows: “And the maiden was good in his eyes, and she rose in favour before him, and he hastened to give her her purifiers and her portions, and seven maidens, which were seen to be given her out of the king’s house: and he changed her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women.” (Compare this with your KJV.)
• And the damsel (Esther) was good in his eyes (Esther 2:9)
Does God choose us because of some quality that we have?
Then why was she good in His eyes?
• And she rose (NASA) in favour before him?
And she was lifted up in mercy before him?
How was she lifted up in mercy before him?
• And he hastened to give her her purifiers?
And he hastened to give her her portions?
How many purifiers are there?
How many portions are there?
• And seven maidens were seen to be given her?
Who do the seven maidens represent?
And he changed her and her maids unto the best place of the house?
What is the best position in the house?
• Esther had not revealed her people (Esther 2:10)
What has Esther not revealed?
Why has Mordecai commanded that she should not tell?
Why was it kept a secret? For whom?
• Mordecai was concerned for Esther’s peace (Esther 2:11)
And what should be done with her?
Where did Mordecai walk every day?
He walked in front of the court of the house of the women.
Where was that?
• And in touching the turn of each maiden to come?? (Esther 2:12)
At the end of her being twelve months?
According to the Law of the women?
Why twelve months?
Why six plus six months?