Little Regard For The Doctrines of Grace
Many people dabble with the doctrines of grace. They like to discuss them and debate them. They like to read what men say about them. But in their heart, they have little regard for them. This is evidenced by what they don’t do:
1. They don’t see them as essential in salvation.
2. They don’t regularly preach them or desire to hear them preached regularly.
3. They don’t support a ministry that upholds them.
4. They don’t identify with the people who believe them.
5. They don’t commit all their energies & resources to the
advancement of them.
6. They don’t hesitate to call “brethren” those who despise them.
7. They don’t reveal any work of grace in them.
8. They don’t love & follow the Person they reveal!
The “doctrines of grace” are but the “doctrine of Christ!” Believed in the heart, they produce a commitment to Christ Jesus that cannot be hidden!