Reasons For A Good Hope
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.”
(1st Peter 3:15)
The Apostle Peter wrote: “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” (1st Peter 3:15).
In Romans 8:31-35 you will find Paul’s reasons for our hope of eternal life in the form of five questions.
1. “If God be for us, who can be against us?” Can the law, justice, or Satan defeat the purpose of our God?
2. “If God spared not his own Son, but delivered Him up for us all,” shall He not with Him also freely give us all things that Christ purchased by His death?
3. “Who shall lay anything to tue charge of God’s elect?” They are justified by God–the Almighty God and highest court!
4. “Who is he that condemeth?” It is Christ who died, and the fact that the Father raised Him from the grave and exalted Him to His right hand as our forerunner and head assures us of that place.
5. “Who can seperate us from the love of God?” His love is an everlasting, unchangeable love in Christ!