Things That Promote Peace
“Let us therefore follow after the things which promote peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.”
1) Be careful to LOVE one another with a true heart. “Love covers a multitude of failures.”
2) Avoid a spirit of ARGUMENT AND DEBATE. One may win an argument and lose a friend.
3) Beware of JEALOUSY. Jealousy destroys happiness and builds suspicion.
4) Beware of ENVY. Let us learn to rejoice in another’s gifts, blessings, and happiness. God gives as HE will!
5) Do not MEDDLE in the private lives and domestic affairs of others.
6) Guard against a TOUCHY TEMPER:
“For every trifling thing to take offense
Shows either great pride or little sense.”
7) Learn to KEEP A CONFIDENCE. “He that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.”
8) Strive to HEAL DIFFERENCES. “Blessed are the peacemakers.”
9) Be always ready to FORGIVE ANYTHING. “Forgive us our sins AS we forgive those who sin against us.”
Henry Mahan – 1985