A Short Study of Acts 4:12
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
- There is no other SAVIOUR but Jesus Christ to look to for salvation (Isaiah 45:21-22; Matthew 11:25-28; John 14:6).
- There is no other SACRIFICE but Jesus Christ to cleanse us from all sin (1st John 1:7; 1st Peter 1:18-20).
- There is no other SUBSTITUTE but Jesus Christ to redeem us from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13; 2nd Corinthians 5:21).
- There is no other SERVANT but Jesus Christ to honour and establish righteousness for us (Isaiah 42:21; Matthew 5:17; Philippians 3:7-9; Romans 4:6).
- There is no other SURETY but Jesus Christ to guarantee all the terms of the everlasting covenant of grace (Hebrews 7:22; Hebrews 9:12; Hebrews 13:20).
- There is no other SHEPHERD but Jesus Christ that can effectually justify and bring the lost sheep home (Psalm 23; John 6:37-39; John 10:11; Matthew 1:21; 1st Peter 3:18).
- There is no other SURE FOUNDATION but Jesus Christ where weary sinners can find safety, salvation and secure refuge (Psalm 46:1; Isaiah 28:16; 1st Corinthians 3:11; 1st Peter 2:6).
- There is no other SCEPTRE but Jesus Christ to rule and reign for the good of the elect and the glory of God (Romans 8:28; Acts 2:36; Philippians 2:7-9).
- There is no other SEED OF WOMAN but Jesus Christ to bruise the serpent’s head and crush the dominion of evil (Genesis 3:15; Colossians 2:15; Hebrews 2:14-17).