Esther Study Guide – Esther 3:1-15
• The King promoted Haman (Esther 3:1)
Haman = “Magnificent” (of Persian origin)
Hammedatha = “Double” (of Persian origin)
The Agagite = Belonging to Agag. Who was Agag?
Compare Revelation 12:3 with Revelation 13:1. The spirit and the body.
Lucifer = Light Bearer, or Shining One
Find a reference for Lucifer as the Shining One (You will find the answer in Isaiah)
In principle, when was Lucifer promoted?
Above whom was Haman promoted?
At the time of Christ’s birth, was it observable that Haman had been promoted?
When was Satan demoted?
• Who do the King’s servants represent? (Esther 3:2)
“They reverenced Haman”, is literally “They bowed down to Haman”, or “They worshipped Haman”
Where these ALL the King’s servants?
Why were they in the King’s gate?
“For the King had so commanded” why is this?
Why did Mordecai not bow, nor worship Haman?
• Why did the King’s servants question Mordecai? (Esther 3:3)
Did Mordecai have the right to transgress (Lit: to pass over) the King’s commandment?
Why was He different?
When was it that they spoke daily unto Him? (Esther 3:4)
“Mordecai’s matters” is literally: “Mordecai’s words”
• When did Haman (Satan) see that Mordecai (Christ) did not worship him? (Esther 3:5)
(Read Matthew 4)
Did Satan expect Christ to worship him? (Read Matthew 4)
• The beginning of verse 6 reads: In his eyes it was despising to send hands on Mordecai alone (Esther 3:6)
Satan considered the reward too little to lay hands on Christ alone. They had told him of the people of Mordecai.
Does Satan know who all the elect of Christ are?
Satan sought to destroy all the elect throughout the whole earth
• The first month, Nisan = the month of their flight (Esther 3:7)
The twelfth month, Adar = Glorious
On a certain day in the first half of the 1st month of the 12th year of king Ahasuerus the lot was cast. The lot fell on the 13th day of the 12th month.
Who also cast the lot?
Is Satan in charge of the timing of Judgment day? (Read Proverbs 16:33)
• Haman said unto the king: There is one people scattered throughout your empire but separated from among the people (Esther 3:8)
“And their laws are diverse from all people”. What could this mean?
“Neither keep they the kings laws”. Is not Satan the accuser of the brethren? Indeed he is.
And it is not for the king’s liking (the king’s profit) to leave them alone.
• If it is good to the king let it be written to destroy them (Esther 3:9)
And I will weigh 10,000 talents of silver into the hands of those doing the work and bring it into the king’s treasuries.
The King gave Haman his ring (Esther 3:10).
What does this mean?
In the Bible, what is a ring for?
What is a signet? (Read Haggai 2:23)
• The king said unto Haman: The silver is given to thee and the people to do with them as it is good in your eyes (Est 3:11)
Does the King care for silver?
Does the King care for people?
Has God given Satan this authority in full?
• Then were the King’s scribes called on the 13th day of the 1st month (Esther 3:12)
Where was it written?
In how many languages was it written?
Who do the scribes represent?
It was sealed with the King’s ring, which means: It cannot be changed.
• And the letters were sent by runners into all the king’s provinces (Est 3:13)
The message: To destroy all Jews in one day
When? On the 13th day of the 12th month
And to plunder them for a prize.
What day in the future does that day represent?
• A copy of the writing for a law to be given in every individual province was revealed for all the peoples to be ready for that day (Esther 3:14)
The runners went out, being hastened by the King’s word (Esther 3:15)
And the law was given in Shushan the palace.
Shushan = Lily
Shushan the palace = The palace of the Lily
The city of the Lily was perplexed.
Who or what is represented as a lily in the Bible? (Read Song of Solomon 2:1-2 and Hosea 14:4-7).