1994 and 2011 – How History Repeats Itself
Let’s look at the events leading to the 1994 failure and afterwards, as well as the 2011 failure and afterwards…
First, the 1994 failure
1. Camping writes an inital book – “1994?”
2. Camping writes a follow up book – “Are You Ready?”
3. Camping does 2 years of Bible studies promoting the date.
4. Mission trips are sent to the world to declare the date.
5. Camping goes to the media.
6. His slaves wear “1994 shirts” with Revelation 6:17 quoted on them.
7. All are labeled as “scoffers and mockers” for not believing it.
8. Camping says those who “wait and see” are “caught without salvation”.
9. The first September 6th date passes, and finally the last date in September 1994.
10. Camping and his slaves say God is tarrying purposely to sift out the wheat and tares so the scoffing increases to set them up for destruction.
11. Camping quotes Revelation 11:8-10 how they are being killed and Habakkuk 2:3 how to wait for the last day at the appointed time.
12. Camping and his slaves quote Matthew 24:29 and “immediately” after the tribulation how this can be “shortly” and how we can experience a delay.
13. New time paths and dates are offered, all the way to 1996.
14. After realizing nothing is going to happen, Camping and his slaves say “At least we warned the peoples of the world of Judgment Day.”
15. Camping and his slaves refuse to admit they were false prophets.
Now, the 2011 failure…
1. Camping writes the initial book “Time Has An End” declaring 2011.
2. Camping writes a follow up book “We Are Almost There”
3. Camping does over 3 years of Bible studies promoting the date.
4. Mission trips are sent to the world to warn of the date.
5. Camping goes to the media.
6. His slaves wear “May 2011 shirts and hats” with Ecclesiastes 8:5 on it.
7. All are labeled as “scoffers and mockers” for not believing it
8. Camping says those who “wait and see” are caught without salvation.
9. The May 21, 6PM New Zealand date passes, and finally the last May 22, 8AM EDT time…
10. Camping’s slaves say God is tarrying purposely to sift out the wheat and tares so the scoffing increases to set them up for destruction.
11. Camping’s slaves quote Revelation 11:8-10 how they are being killed and Habakkuk 2:3 how to wait for the last day at the appointed time.
12. Camping’s slaves quote Matthew 24:29 and “immediately” after the tribulation how this can be “shortly” and how we can experience a delay.
13. New time paths are being offered, now to October 2011.
14. Camping’s slaves are saying “at least we are warning people of judgment day.”
15. Camping’s slaves refuse to admit they are false prophets.
Now, we see identical behavior patterns of the cult in 1994 and now in 2011…almost exactly to the letter.
Now, let’s look at some of the things the Campingites are saying to justify their date-settings…
They say “the date failed, but the warning of Judgment Day is going out”
God does not need A DATE to warn about Judgment Day. That warning has been going for nearly 2000 years WITHOUT a date.
The Campingites have this delusion that unless they warn of “a date” that the Judgment Day cannot be declared.
As God completed the Canon He says:
“He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come QUICKLY. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
In the second last verse of the Bible, Jesus says “I COME QUICKLY”
NOT, “I come May 21” or whatever date some cult declares, as campingites violate Revelation 22:18.
And that warning of “I come quickly” has been declared for 2000 years.
The Campingites are not warning of the “true” Judgment Day, but a fictional judgment day of ZOMBIES where BONES are resurrected and judged…oh please!!!
And they ignore Christ’s visible return, His judgment throne and eternal torment.
Camping and his slaves say ABSOLUTE is their date.
Lets assume that Matthew 24:36, Acts 1:7 and other similar verses are not there, and God even says “search the date of the last day”.
Even then one CANNOT say anything absolute, because multiple interpretations exist of the calendar, multiple texts, lots of assumptions, lots of secular evidence…so at best one can only give a QUESTION MARK.
And that is assuming we are commanded to search the date.
You add the fact that Matthew 24:36 and other verses are there, that GUARANTEES that no date can ever be absolute.
Now, as in 1994 and in 2011 the Campingites are refusing to admit they are false prophets…
Well, here is something to think about, Campingites.
Even the most blinded unsaved atheist, was “wise” enough to not believe your absolute dates, what does that say about you?
That you are more blinded then they are…
By T. Golda
Now offshoots of Camping believe Christ returned invisably in 2011 which is like what the Watchtower teaches about 1914. Armageddon was due many times and they settled with an invisable return in 1914. It’s a dubious conclusion but one they chose even though the Bible says every eye shall see Him even those who pierced Him.