New Testament – The Gospels
1. What do you call the four books in the Bible that tell about the life of Jesus? The Gospels.
2. What are the names of the four gospels? Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
A. Jesus the Christ and John the Baptist.
3. Who is the Savior? Jesus Christ.
4. Whom did He save? His people.
5. From what did He save them? From their sins.
6. What is sin? Not obeying God.
7. Who was Jesus’ mother? Mary.
8. Who was Mary’s husband? Joseph.
9. What was the name of the angel that told Mary she would have baby Jesus? Gabriel.
10. Where was Jesus born? Bethlehem.
11. Where did He grow up? Nazareth.
12. Where did He die? Jerusalem.
13. Who was Jesus’ cousin? John the Baptist.
14. Who was John’s father? Zacharias.
15. Who was John’s mother? Elisabeth.
16. What did John eat? Honey and locusts.
17. What did he preach? “Repent!”
18. Who baptized Jesus? John the Baptist.
19. Where did he baptize Him? In the Jordan River.
20. Who descended upon Jesus after He was baptized? The Holy Spirit.
21. What did the Holy Spirit look like? A dove.
22. What did the Heavenly Father say when Jesus was baptized? “This is my beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased.”
B. Jesus Teaches, Heals People, and Performs Miracles
23. How old was Jesus when He began His public ministry? About 33.
24. How many apostles did Jesus have? Twelve.
25. What are the names of four of them? Peter, Andrew, James, and John.
26. Who were Lazarus’ sisters? Mary and Martha.
27. Where did they live? Bethany.
28. What did Jesus do to Lazarus? Raised him from the grave.
29. How long had Lazarus been dead? Four days.
30. What was the good thing that Jesus said Mary had chosen? To sit at Jesus’ feet.
31. Who was Peter’s brother? Andrew.
32. Who was John’s brother? James.
33. What kind of jobs did they have when Jesus called them? They were fishermen.
34. What did Jesus say to them when He called them? “Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
35. How long did the apostles stay with Jesus before He was crucified? About three years.
36. How did the four friends of the sick man get him to Jesus? They carried him on a bed and tore a hole in the roof to get him in.
37. What kind of animal did Jesus ride into Jerusalem? A donkey.
38. What did Jesus tell Peter about His church? “On this rock I will build my church.”
39. Who were the bad people who were always criticizing Jesus? The Scribes and Pharisees.
40. What did Jesus do to the son of the widow of Nain? He raised him from the dead.
41. In the story of the Good Samaritan, who helped the poor man who was beaten and robbed–the priest, the Levite, or the Good Samaritan? The Good Samaritan.
42. Who went to the house of Zacchaeus? Jesus.
43. Why was Jesus pleased with the poor widow? She love the Lord so much that she gave all that she had to the Lord.
44. What was the first miracle that Jesus performed? He turned the water into wine.
45. What did Jesus do when He saw some men selling animals in the temple? He made a whip and drove them out of the temple.
46. Why did He do this? We are to go to God’s house to worship—not to make money and do other things.
47. How did John the Baptist die? He got his head cut off.
48. Do you think John died happy? Yes.
49. Why had John been put into prison? Because he told the truth to some wicked people.
50. Should we tell the truth even if we get in trouble? Yes.
51. When a big storm came up and the disciples thought they would drown in the Sea of Galilee, what did Jesus do? He said, “Peace, be still.”
52. What happened? The wind quit blowing, and the water was still.
53. Who gave Jesus the five loaves and two fishes that He used to feed the 5,000? A little boy.
54. What did Jesus do for the man who had been born blind? He made him see.
55. Who was crying in the temple, “Hosanna to the son of David”? The children.
56. What were these children doing? Praising Jesus.
57. Who washed the disciples’ feet? Jesus.
58. What was He teaching them? To love and serve each other.
C. Jesus Dies for the Sins of His People.
59. Who was the bad apostle who betrayed Jesus? Judas Iscariot.
60. How did Judas die? He hanged himself.
61. Jesus said that when He went away, He would send Someone to live with His people. Who is this? The Holy Spirit.
62. Is the Holy Spirit here right now? Yes.
63. How did Jesus say that people could tell if we are His disciples? If we have love one to another.
64. Who is a disciple of Jesus? Someone who follows Jesus and learns about Him.
65. How do we follow Jesus? By doing what He tells us to do in the Bible.
66. Is God the Father, God? Yes.
Is Jesus, God? Yes.
Is the Holy Spirit, God? Yes.
What do we call God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? The Trinity.
67. Did the world love Jesus when He was on earth? No, it hated Him.
Does the world love God’s people today? No.
68. Who was the disciple who became afraid and said that Jesus was not his friend? Peter.
69. Should we ever be afraid of people and say that Jesus is not our friend? No.
70. How did Jesus die? On the cross.
71. Tell some of the bad things that the people did to Jesus. Beat Him, pulled out His beard, put a crown of thorns on His head, nailed His feet and hands to the cross, made fun of Him, stuck a spear in His side.
72. Who did Jesus’ mother live with after Jesus was crucified? John.
73. How many days did Jesus stay in the grave? Three.
74. Did Jesus come up alive out of the grave? YES!
75. Is Jesus alive now? Yes!
76. What kind of grave did Jesus have? A cave carved out of rock.
77. What was it called when Jesus rose from the dead? Resurrection.